May 20-22, 2013 -- All lines will be serving "manager's choice"
Have a great summer!
August 14-16, 2013 *not yet available*
|Lunch - Elementary
In accordance with federal law and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Office of Civil Rights, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington D.C. 20250-9410, or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Smarter Lunches are now being served.
Healthy kids are the key to a better Oklahoma and a better nation for us all. That’s one reason the U.S. Department of Agriculture and your local school district have teamed up to make positive changes to school lunch offerings. As a result, smarter lunches are now being served in your school cafeteria. The upgraded menu provides kids with the nutritious, well-balanced meals they need to do their best in school and grow into happy, healthy, productive adults.
Here’s a quick rundown of the changes:
• A wider variety of vegetables is offered weekly, including dark green, red/orange and starchy, as well as beans and legumes.
• Fruit is offered daily, including fresh, frozen with no added sugar, canned in water or natural juice, and 100 percent juice.
• Every meal includes at least ½ cup of fruit and/or vegetables, and kids can select more at no additional cost.
• More whole grains are available, including whole-grain rich breads, cereals and pastas.
• Kids can choose between low-fat milk and skim milk.
• School meals are prepared without the use of trans fat.
• Encourage your child to make healthy choices.
• Talk to your child about the new meal options at school, and encourage positive choices.
• Join your child for lunch in the school cafeteria.
• Get involved in the Healthy and Fit School Advisory Council. Ask your school principal or counselor for details.